My best friend of 20 years was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. This was a huge shock to us as she is only 26-years-old and there is no history of breast cancer in her family. She is a beautiful young woman who does not have kids yet, and has her whole life ahead of her. However, life took an unexpected turn.
Finding out she had breast cancer was hard for her to hear, but she has been nothing but positive. Her strength and persistence is truly inspiring. She has researched treatment plans, asked questions, and scheduled several appointments with the help of her family.
When she met with medical professionals at City of Hope to go over her treatment plan, it was recommended that she obtained chemotherapy first and then go in for surgery. But chemotherapy is known to damage a woman’s eggs, which may cause infertility when she is ready to have kids in the future. This news was devastating to her because she has dreamed of being a mother one day. So her doctor recommended she freeze her eggs before she starts chemotherapy that way she’d have a better chance of having children when she is ready to. This treatment plan is not covered by her insurance so we are attempting to raise $10,000 to help with the upfront costs she needs to get her treatment started.
If you would like to help, there are a few ways you can do so:
- If you are financially able to give ANY amount, we would appreciate it! You can give a few different ways:
- You can visit her GoFundMe account: gofundme.com/eh8r8-hope-for-the-future.
- You can give via Paypal by sending money to: TakeThatCancer@hotmail.com.
- If you have a Venmo account, you can send funds to @TakeThatCancer
- You can visit one of our restaurant donation locations: New York Pizzeria, Farmer’s Insurance, Bangkok BBQ, and Aloha BBQ. All locations are located in the Vons shopping center in Walnut, CA and will have a mason jars at the counter starting tomorrow. More locations will be updated as we get approval.
- You can share her story by sharing this article. Getting the word out will help so much!
- You can pray for her! Even though she is being so strong, she will have days of weakness during treatment. Please pray for her journey while she is beating this cancer.
- Send her an encouraging thought. Send any uplifting scripture or encouraging thoughts to TakeThatCancer@hotmail.com. We will forward them to her and I know she will love the support!
This woman is truly amazing and she grew up right here in this community, in addition to attending schools in the Walnut Valley Unified School District. She also currently works for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department. However, for personal reasons, she wishes to keep her identity private via social media. We have respected her wishes, but we are hoping the community members can provide the support she needs! Let’s stand together to support this woman of strength and help her fight this deadly disease. With your help, she will be able to say, “Take that cancer!”